Today’s workout is going to be an entirely bodyweight workout. Therefor you should eliminate yet another excuse for you not to “squeeze” your workout in. Everyone has a busy schedule, let me ask you this. Do you not have time to take care of your body???
This session contains three circuits of three exercises. Each one focusing on a different aspect of your training which I will mention per circuit.
Circuit 1: Core stabilization
- Front plank: lay down on your stomach, face down. Lift yourself up to support your body weight onto your toes and elbows. Keeping your elbows directly underneath your shoulders. Hold this position as long as you can.
- Side Plank: Same as the above exercise however, you should be laying on your side. Supporting your body weight on one elbow rather than two. Hold this position as long as you can.
- Swimmers’: Laying again in a prone position on your stomach. Reaching your arms above your head as high as you can, while keeping your knees straight. Lift one hand and the opposite foot, then while lowering the two, raise the opposite arm and leg, and repeat for 30 repetitions.
Circuit 2: Plyometric
- Squat jumps: Squat down with knees in line with feet and hips. Then, explosively jump off the ground raising your arms above your head as your feet leave ground. When you return back to earth land softly; landing on your toes first, then your heels, and finally lowering your body in a controlled motion back to a squat position. Repeat for 15-20 reps.
- Plyo Push ups: In a prone position/ laying on your stomach. Explosively do a push-up, and bring your hands off the ground. If you can’t perform a push-up from the ground where you can leave the ground with your hands, elevate your hand postition (i.e. hands on a bench or picnic table.) until your hands can safely leave the object which your hands are placed.
- Split-plyo: Bringing one foot in front of the other, into a lunge position. Explosively alternate your foot position, bringing your previously “back foot” into the forward position, and your “front foot” into the rear position. Continue this motion counting each switch of foot position as 1. 16-30 repetitions.
Circuit 3: Speed, Agility, and Quickness.
- 10-20-10: This exercise pretty much explains itself. Mark out a 40 yard distance. During the first 10 yards sprint at 70%, the following 20 yards sprint as fast as safely possible i.s 80-90%, finishing the last 10 yards slowing down to 70%. 5 total repetitions.
- Shuttle run: Mark out 20 yard distance. Run the length of the distance, without stopping return to the start, returning for one more “lap”. You should be running the distance of the 20 yards 4 times per repetition. Perform 2-3 repetitions.
- High knees: Leaving the distance of 20 yards marked out. The focus with this exercise is to pick your feet off the ground and raising your thigh/knee to the height of your belt line. Another focus of this exercise is to move forward as you do the execise but not worrying about how fast. Perform 2-4 repetitions.